Friday, April 20, 2007

Union Pacific Physical Abilities Test


Took the Union Pacific Physical Abilities Test today. It measures a variety of things including your ability to lift, pull, push, stand and bend in different directions. The test took about 45 minutes. Not complicated. I could only see someone failing if they had a prior injury that limited their mobility or strength. The other failure would be due to extreme poor physical condition that kept your heart rate from returning to normal within two minutes after a bit of strenuous exertion. I was hooked up to a wireless heart monitor that kept track of my heart rate during the entire test. The machine I tested on was hooked up to a computer that recorded all the results. These results are eventually sent to Union Pacific for review. My next step is to head to North Platte, Nebraska in June, 2007 for training.

No comments: